Andhra Pradesh Police
The Andhra Pradesh Police Department is the official law enforcement agency of the state of Andhra Pradesh, India. Public order and police is a state subject in India, the police force is under the direct control of the Home Minister of the state.
AP Police SI Exam Pattern – 2018
The AP Police Exam Pattern Have Five Stages:
- Preliminary examination (Objective Type).
- Physical Measurement Test (PMT).
- PhysicalEfficiency Test (PET).
- Final Written Examination.
- Final Selection.
1. Preliminary examination
Candidates shall be required to appearing for the Preliminary Written Test in two papers (each three hours duration) which will be qualifying, as given below.
|Paper I||Arithmetic and Test of Reasoning / Mental Ability (Objective type)||100||100||3 hours|
|Paper II||General Studies (Objective Type)||100||100||3 hours|
- The minimum marks to be secured by the candidates in order to qualify in the Preliminary Written Test in both the papers is 40% for OCs; 35% for BCs; and 30% for SCs/STs/Ex-servicemen.
- Total marks for these two PaPers will not be counted for the purpose of qualification.
2. Physical Measurement Test (PMT)
A candidate who qualifies in the Preliminary Written Test has to undergo Physical Measurements Test and should meet the following requirements:-
|Gender||Height||Chest (Men Only)||Expansion|
|Men||167.6 cm||86.3 cm||5 cm|
|Women||152.5 cm||40 kg (Women Only)||–|
provided that the candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes and Aboriginal Tribes in the Agency areas of Srikakulam, Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam, East Godavari, and West Godavari districts should meet the following requirements:-
|Gender||Height||Chest (Men Only)||Expansion|
|Men||160 cm||80 cm||3 cm|
|Women||150 cm||38 kg (Women Only)||–|
3. Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
A candidate who qualifies in the above Physical Measurement Tests will be required to undergo the following tests and be qualified as specified below:-
- Men & Women Candidates must qualify in 1600 Meters run (1 Mile Run) and one out of remaining two events as detailed below:
|1||100 mtr run||15 seconds||16.5 seconds||18 seconds|
|2||Long Jump||3.80 mtrs||3.65 mtrs||2.75 mtrs|
|3||1600 mtr run||8 minutes||9 minutes 30 sec||10 minutes 30 sec|
4. Final Written Examination
Candidates who qualify in the above shall be required to appear for the Final Written Examination in four papers (each of three hours duration) as given below.
|Paper III||Arithmetic and Test of Reasoning /Mental Ability (Objective in nature)||100 or 200|
|Paper IV||General Studies (Objective in nature)||100 or 200|
NOTE: Check official notification for the marks of different post category.
5. Final Selection
The final selection will be strictly on the relative merit of the candidates in each category, as obtained by them based on their score in the written examination out of a maximum of 400 marks (papers III and IV) and as per the provisions of “The Andhra Pradesh Public Employment.
AP Police SI Syllabus 2018
Preliminary Exam Papers:
|Paper I (Arithmetic & Test of Reasoning/Mental Ability)|
|Test of Reasoning:|
|Paper II (General Studies)|
Final Written Examination Papers:
|Paper I – English(Degree Standard)|
|The candidate’s understanding of the English language, its correct usage, and his writing ability would be tested. Questions on short essay, comprehension precis, letter writing, paragraph writing/report writing, translation from English to Telugu etc. would be included.|
|Paper II – Telugu (Degree Standard)|
|The candidate’s understanding of the Telugu language, its correct usage, and his writing ability would be tested. Questions on short essay, comprehension, precis, letter writing, paragraph writing/report writing, translation from Telugu to English etc. would be included.|
|Paper III – Arithmetic (SSC Standard) & Test of Reasoning/Mental Ability|
|Test of Reasoning|
|Paper IV – General Studies (Degree Standard)|
AP Police SI Eligibility Criteria
Age Limit & Relaxation
The age of the candidates will vary for the different post from 21-25,30 years and the relaxation is as per the Government rule.
- A Degree awarded by any University in India, established or incorporated by or under a Central Act, Provisional Act of State or of any institution recognized by the University Grants Commission or any other equivalent qualification.
- In the case of a candidate belonging to Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes, as on 1st July 2018, he/she must have passed Intermediate or any other examination recognized by the State Government as being equivalent to Intermediate and should have studied Degree.
- EyeSight Visual Standards required for the above selection shall be as follows:
|Right Eye||Left Eye|
|Near Vision||0/5 (Snellen)||0/5 (Snellen)|
- Each eye must have a full field of vision.
- Colour blindness, squint or any morbid condition of the eye or lids of either eye shall be deemed to be a disqualification.
- The candidate should possess sound health and be free from any bodily defect or infirmity which will render him unfit.
- Candidates who have the following ailments or defects will not be considered for recruitment to any post specified in this rule:
i) Physically handicapped
ii) Knocking-knees, pigeon chest, flat foot, Varicose veins, Hammertoes, fractured limbs, decayed teeth, stammering, hard of hearing and abnormal psychological behavior